161 W 120th Street Apt C New York, New York 10027
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y.
Masters of Science degree expected in May 2014
Focus on video, multimedia journalism, and science reporting. Profiled Dr. Carl Hart, Columbia Neuroscience researcher, DNA barcoding of invasive species, localized New Delhi air pollution to NYC, Covered asthma complications of young children in low-income communities. Covered Chinatown, Manhattan and wrote stories focused on business development and community rezoning. Completed profile of Buddhist Monk, analyzed Margaret Chin’s campaign donations, and photographed Chinese opera. Finishing Masters project about the effect of desegregation on African-American businesses.
Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL. December 2012
Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism, with a minor in Science.
Digital audio/video recording & editing: Canon T4i, studio and professional cameras, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Lightroom, Audition, Photoshop, After Effects, ENPS, Screen flow, iSkysoft video converter, on-camera talent and broadcast scriptwriter
Excellent editor, field reporter, videographer, on-camera talent, and broadcast scriptwriter.
Investigative: court, tax, and property records.
Web: HootSuite, Wordpress, Weebly, About.me, Jux, Google blogger, Microsoft office suite.
Proficient in social media for reporting aggregation, and driving traffic including; Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram, Pintrest and other mobile applications.
Florida A&M University Specialized Reporting (August 2012- December 2012)
· Co-Report, produce, shot, and edited a fifteen minute documentary on sea level rise.
· Traveled to New Orleans for interview with primary character in film, who lost his home, and interviewed scientists and researchers about sea level rise in correlation with global warming.
· Went to Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve to film scientist and researchers documenting sea level rise.
Broadcast and Web Reporter, College cable station broadcast live in Tallahassee
Florida A&M University (FAMU) TV-20, Tallahassee, FL- (January 2012-Decmeber 2012)
· Covered local news as a one-man band and shot, produced, edited and narrated deadline news packages for live evening newscast including live shots from newsroom and field airing to 80,000 homes.
· Put stories online and blogged weekly.
· Worked behind the scenes operating the teleprompter, camera, and on-screen graphics.
Multimedia Sports Reporter/Producer- local cable station
Tallahassee Community College (TCC), Channel 22, Tallahassee, FL (June 2012- December 2012)
· Produce video packages for weekly webcast.
· Expanded sports coverage beyond shows to include feature stories about athletes and their work in the community.
Famu Sports Information Office, Tallahassee, FL (January 2012- August 2012)
· Completed Athletic stories and posted video packages on the athletic department’s website
TCC Sports Information Office, Tallahassee, FL (August 2011-June 2012)
· Wrote post game stories for TCC baseball and basketball games and posted videos to the Athletics website.
The Famuan, Tallahassee, FL (November 2010-February 2012)
· Wrote sports and news articles for newspaper published three times a week.
Member of National Association of Black Journalists.
Treasurer on the Columbia University Association of Black Journalists.
Benjamin Davis, FAMU Professor-, 732-261-2221- firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Nicholson, Project Manager TCC-22, 850-445-5118, email@example.com
Rob Chaney, TCC Athletic Director, 850-567-0966, firstname.lastname@example.org